Amazing Video: 143,000,000 Orphans Worldwide
The unfortunate reality is that there is currently an orphan crisis. Over 143 million orphans live in the world today, many of them struggling to survive in the worst of conditions. 143 million? Is that possible? Please click below to view an amazing video to get a feel for the size of the problem and then ask – What can I do? Click here
James 5:16 “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (KJV)
- Pray for the institutions where orphaned children live.
- Pray for the right amount of caregivers for each institution.
- Pray for the children in foster care in your state and country.
- Pray for caregivers who are genuinely concerned for the welfare of the children.
- Pray for the Lord to give caregivers wisdom in caring for the children.
- Pray for caregivers to come to know the Lord.
- Pray the institutions are stocked with the necessities needed in caring for children.
- Pray that Christians find favor with institutions and are able to enter to minister to both children and workers.
- Pray the children will come to know the Lord at an early age.
- Pray the children and workers will be healthy.
- Pray the Lord will raise up more adoptive families.
- Pray the Lord will raise up additional foster care families.
- Ask the Lord if adoption or foster care is right for your family.
- Pray that the families who long to adopt will have the needed finances.
- Pray for countries to have reasonable requirements for adoption.
- Ask the Lord for specific ways you can get involved in the lives of orphaned children.
- Ask the Lord to use you.
- Ask the Lord to direct your prayers.
- Pray God will prompt churches to begin adoption and orphan care ministries and that He would stir a passion for orphans and a passion for adoption within church leaders and church members.
- Thank the Lord that you are adopted into the family of Christ. “In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will . . . “ Ephesians 1:4-5
Thank you for your prayers.
During his Christmas tour, Steven Curtis Chapman gathered with pastors and adoption leaders across the nation to share God's heart for orphans as well as his own heart for orphan care and adoption ministry.
Adoption by G.R.A.C.E. and Lee's Summit Community Church in Lee's Summit, Missouri were very honored to host one of those gatherings on December 2, 2005. Steven is pictured here with some of the members of Adoption by G.R.A.C.E.
Steven Curtis Chapman and friends from Shaohannah's Hope spent time sharing God's Word concerning adoption. Steven recounted his family's personal adoption journey, having adopted three little daughters from China. Pastors and adoption leaders were challenged to consider beginning an adoption ministry within their church and were provided valuable materials to assist in beginning that venture.
To find out more about the ministry of Shaohannah's Hope, visit their web site at www.shaohannahshope.org
"Pure and lasting religion . . . is to care for orphans and widows in their distress. . . "
The title track from Steven Curtis Chapman's Christmas album ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is available for streaming at CMT.com Take a look at it -it's really moving. Also, visit Steven's music website stevencurtischapman.com or the Shaohannah's Hope website for other videos and a lot of great information.